1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
These terms apply to the use of games and other products developed by Engine Room Sp. z o.o. ( ‘EN’ / ‘we’ / ‘us’). Our registered office is Agrestowa 27a, 05-830 Rusiec, Poland. We are a company registered in Poland, with company number 0000572520.
- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use the information we collect about you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else; and
- Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
- In respect of the Game(s):
- In respect of the Support Centre:
The Online Services may contain hyperlinks to services owned and operated by third parties. These third party services may have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies and other tracking technologies whilst using these services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party services and your use of these is at your own risk.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following information which may include your personal data.
- a) Information provided by you when using the Games
We will collect the following information from you when you play our Games:
- your mobile device’s unique device ID (Device ID) and device name;
- your location
- your user preferences; and
- Core information related to your gameplay, such as your overall progression to a particular level or stage, your digital token stores or the completion of certain activities during your gameplay (for example, completing a tutorial, passing a level, making a purchase or viewing a video ad).
- b) Contact information provided by you when using the Forums or Support Centre (“Contact Information”)
- We may ask you for, or you may submit, certain contact information to us whenever you contact us through the Forums or Support Centre.
- This may include:
- your avatar/profile picture;
- your username;
- your email address;
- your name, and
- your password.
- c) Information used for the purposes of serving advertisements
Through our third party advertising network partners, we may gather information about your devices when you install or play our Games, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. This may include:
- the make, model and operating system of your device;
- properties of your device, such as screen size and orientation, audio volume and battery;
- the mobile network operator linked to your device;
- the Games played;
- the country, time zone and locale settings on your device (i.e. country and preferred language);
- network connection type and speed;
- IP Address;
- MAC address;
- Internet browser used to access the Games; and
- the advertiser ID, which is an identifier unique to you if you use an Apple or Android device, but which doesn’t reveal your name.
- d) Information collected for the purposes of providing analytics
We may collect technical information about your use of the Online Services through the use of tracking technologies and analytics.
Personal data we may collect includes the following:
- your Device ID;
- your user ID (which is generated by us and allocated to you when you first play our games);
- your device operating system & version;
- your device make and model;
- game play attempts, progression and results;
- session game time start, end and duration;
- purchase transaction types and spend you have made using virtual items in the Games;
- the country of your Device;
- the time, date and install source of your first download (e.g. from a clicked advertisement);
- advertisements viewed and clicked; and
- identification of crashes and defects.
We use a third party analytics provider called Google Analytics when conducting our analysis on our marketing campaigns.
Google Analytics may collect analytics and some advertising data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions, and its applicable privacy notice.
If you would like to find out more about the way Google Analytics collects and processes this information this is likely to be set out in their privacy policies and/or terms and conditions. Please refer to https://policies.google.com/terms and https://policies.google.com/privacy.
- e) Information about you collected from third parties
(“Third Party Log In Information”)
When you access the Games via a third party social media provider such as Facebook, we may collect and store personal and non-personal information which is available on that third party social media provider, such as your Facebook name, your profile picture or its URL, your Facebook ID and other public data of your friends, provided that you have expressly agreed to the use of Facebook within the Games. We will also receive technical data in order to ensure the Games connect to the correct Facebook account.
- f) Content created by our users which we host and display on the Forums and in the Support Centre
When users submit their own User Content to the Forums or Support Centre, this content may contain personal and non-personal information. This could include information in or about the User Content, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created, or anything else a user decides to communicate using these parts of our Online Services.
The following cookies are used on our Website:
||Link to third party terms
||We integrate these cookies into the Website to provide an enhanced user experience with Twitter functionality (e.g. official, authenticated Twitter widgets / embedded information). These cookies allow, for example, you to see Twitter content on the website and for you to more easily share content on Twitter.
||You can visit the following links for more information about Twitter’s cookies: https://help.twitter.com/en/twitter-for-websites-ads-info-and-privacy https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
|Google / YouTube cookies
|We integrate these cookies into the Website to provide an enhanced user experience with YouTube functionality and to understand and maintain the integrity of video viewership statistics. We also use these cookies to help prevent fraud and to improve security.
We integrate these cookies into the Website to provide an enhanced user experience with Facebook functionality and to improve the relevancy of our marketing, including the creation of ‘lookalike’ audiences
|You can visit the following links for more information about Google’s / YouTube’s cookies: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245 https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en-GBTo opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit here
You can visit the following links for more information about Facebook cookies: https://www.facebook.com/policy/cookies/
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies generally and how to manage or delete them, you can visit here
3. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- a) To provide our Online Services to you
- b) To help us improve the Online Services and fix any problems
We may process information about you (including Basic Information, User Content and Analytics) so that we can analyse and improve our Online Services.
This processing is also necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests of (i) ensuring that our Online Services function properly so that you and other users have the best experience when playing any of our Game(s) and using the other Online Services; (ii) improving the quality of our Online Services, and providing a better experience to our users; (iii) identifying and correcting any bugs in the Online Services; and iv) understanding the effectiveness of our marketing to attract new users and re-engage our current users at an aggregated level.
- c) To respond to your enquiries and requests for support
We may process Contact Information so that we are able to properly respond to your enquiries and support requests either via the Support Centre or Forums or through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- d) To acquire new users and engage current users
We may process information (including some Advertising Data and Analytics) to encourage engagement from our less active users and to notify them with new virtual items or other promotions on offer.
We may process this information to pursue our legitimate interests of acquiring new users for our Games.
We use various forms of marketing to acquire new users. The information we collect about you may be used to improve the relevancy of our marketing, including the creation of ‘lookalike’ audiences. This allows us to offer more relevant marketing to potential new service users without using information that personally identifies you.
- e) For advertising purposes
We may process Advertising Data to show you advertisements for third party services; including advertising that may reward you with benefits during your use of the Games.
The information we collect about you may be used to understand how advertisements placed in our Games have performed or how many people have viewed certain advertisements. We aggregate this information so that it does not personally identify you or permit you to be treated individually.
We may also use this information to reward users with benefits that can be used for further enjoyment of the Games from the viewing of certain advertising placed in our Games.
We will not pass or process your information for the purposes of marketing by third parties unless you give your consent should we ask for it. After you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
We may use the information we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisements in our Games. We do this to provide you with more relevant advertising content.
- f) To prevent fraud and illegal activity
We process personal data for our legitimate interests of ensuring that any use of the Online Services is lawful and non-fraudulent, does not disrupt the operation of our services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, to enforce our legal rights and also in order to comply with our legal obligations.
We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. You may not copy, download, or embed any User Content without the express written permission of the content owner. You may not use any User Content for any commercial purposes, or any public performances.
4. DATA SHARING
Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
Enforcement: We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to enforce or apply the terms of agreements, to investigate potential breaches, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others.
Digital Content Stores: Where the Games are downloaded through Google Play and/or Apple Appstore, we may disclose your personal information to Google, Apple respectively for the purposes of facilitating any in-Game payments made through these platforms.
5. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
We process your personal information via automated decision making methods in order to identify users who are suspected of cheating in the Games. Our automated decision making methods are designed to detect cheating by looking out for (i) excessive currency stores against actual completed gameplay; and (ii) excessive content against actual purchases made and completed gameplay.
If users are determined to be or suspected of cheating the following actions may be taken and which will be unknown to the user:
- an increase in the number of advertisements displayed within the Games; and
- an increase in the frequency of suspected cheats playing against other suspected cheats.
We may block users from the Games and/or the Online Services who are determined to be cheating following an automated decision process. In this scenario the user will be notified of the outcome and will have the right to obtain human intervention to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision to block access to the Games and/or the Online Services.
6. CONSUMER CONTROL AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
If you do not wish to be part of a lookalike campaign, receive notifications from us or be served with targeted advertisements you can opt-out by changing your advertising and notification settings on your device directly.
- YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out in the table below. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest.
To make a request, please let our Data Protection Officer know by sending an email to email@example.com.
- a) Ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected.
We will use reasonable efforts to the extent required by law to supply, correct or delete personal information held about you on our files (and with any third parties to whom it has been disclosed to).
- b) Object to us processing data about you
You can ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data if:
- you consented to our processing the personal data, and have withdrawn that consent;
- we no longer need to process that personal data for the reason it was collected;
- we are processing that personal data because it is in the public interest or it is in order to pursue a legitimate interest of GDPR or a third party, you don’t agree with that processing, and there is no overriding legitimate interest for us to continue processing it;
- the personal data was unlawfully processed;
- you need the personal data to be deleted in order to comply with legal obligations;
- the personal data is processed in relation to the offer of a service to a child.
- c) Obtain a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider
- If we are processing data in order to perform our obligations to you, or because you consented, if you request, we will supply you with the relevant personal data in CSV format. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another IT system provider if you prefer.
- d) Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
- If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us via the support services.
- If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
8. DATA RETENTION
Our Online Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we will be able to take necessary actions.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. For example, our databases are password protected and limited to essential employees only (such as EN management or employees whose main role requires system access).
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to EN at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to any queries or questions within three business days.